DBA are the highest paid professional in IT industry. As major Database share in industry is Oracle, picking up Oracle DBA carrier would be lucrative today and in future
Aspirants who wish to get into database administration, database development, or database analysis should join Oracle certification courses.
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques
- Basic knowledge of Linux Operating System
Installing 11g and 12c Oracle Software
- Install and configure 11g and 12c Oracle Database Software
Creating 11g and 12c databases (manual)
- Creating 11g Database and 12c Database manually
11g and 12c Architecture.
- Thorough understanding of 11g and 12c architecture
Oracle Administration and management.
- starting databases
- understanding control files / redo log files / archive files
- understanding Server parameter file and password files
- Automatic memory management
- Different components in SGA and PGA
Tablespaces / segments / extents and blocks
- Dictionary managed versed locally managed tablespaces.
- Automatic Segment space management
- Understanding Segments / extents and blocks
- Block utilization parameters
- Understanding row chaining and migration
- Different block Sizes
12c Multitenant Database concepts and new features
- Understanding multitenant architecture
- Overviews of Pluggable databases
Oracle networking and shared process overview
- Configuring and maintaining listeners
- Configured Dispatchers and Shared servers
- Understanding tnsnames.ora / sqlnet.ora and Ez Connect
ASM overview and benefits
- Complete Overview of ASM
- Understand the need of ASM
- ASM instance parameters
Rman and conventional Backup / Recovery
- Defining backup strategy
- Complete understanding of RMAN and conventional backups
Rman and Conventional Cloning
- Cloning database using conventional methods
- Cloning database using rman
- Different types of Patches
- How to apply patch to database
- Upgrade Database from 11g to 12c
- Coverting 12c noncdb to 12c pluggable database
Physical and logical Standby/ Data guard
- Configure physical standby database
- Understanding logical and snapshot standby database
Oracle Shell Scripting overview.
- understanding cronjob
- writing basic scripts
AWR reports / ADDM reports / ASH report
- Understand how to read the AWR / ADDM / ASH reports
Sql loader / external tables
- Using sql loader to load data into tables
- External tables and its benefits
- Understanding different types of partitioning
- Creating and altering partitions
expdp / impdp backups
- Taking logical backups using expdp
- Data pump usage and scenarios
Tracing utilities ( oradebug / sql trace / tkprof ) and sql tuning
- Using utilities for tracing
- How to read SQL explain plan
- SQL performance considerations
What are the basic requirements to learn Oracle DBA?
you will have an easier time learning to become a DBA if you have one of the folliwng:
– A Computer Science or Engineering background / degree
– Math/Physics degree. Even if you have some years in college without an actual degree that’s fine. That won’t be an impediment.
– If you don’t have a degree as such or a technical background, you should invest time to study how Operating Systems and Networking works. You will need those to understand how the database works.
What are the programming skills required for an Oracle DBA?
Need some knowledge of the operating system(s) on which Oracle databases are running. Most of the deployments are on Linux or Unix variants (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX, etc). But many are also on Windows.
A DBA’s job does not exist in isolation. As a DBA you will need to interact with the operating system when it comes to installing and configuring database environments.
A good knowledge of the physical database design
Why Oracle DBA?
DBAare the highest paid professional in IT industry. As major Database share in industry is Oracle, picking up Oracle DBA carrier would be lucrative today and in future